Skip to main content

People Throw Rocks at Things that Shine

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah..

 This post is nothing serious. I just love to share something that I'd experience, and how was my perspective about life.

I just found a beautiful line from Taylor Swift's song, Ours.
 "People Throw Rocks at Things that Shine"
Maksudnye, orang akan sentiasa cari kesalahan kita, kekurangan kita kalau kita kelihatan lebih hebat dari dia. Biasanya berlaku kat orang-orang yg memegang tampuk kepimpinan. Setiap apa yg mereka buat, sentiasa diperhatikan, dan orang2 yg tak suke, akan sentiasa mencari ruang-ruang untuk menjatuhkan mereka.

Today, I reminisce some incident that happen when I was in Form 5.
I always wanted 11A+ for my SPM. and with that spirit, I decorate my own table in class, with some words like, "Ya Allah,Jika 11A+ itu yg terbaik untuk aku, maka kurniakanlah. Jika tidak, Kau gantikanlah dengan sesuatu yg lebih baik dari itu". Itu doa saya, setiap kali peperiksaan. Sebab kita kene sentiasa yakin, bila Allah tak makbulkan doa kita, sebenarnya Allah tengah prepare sesuatu yg lebih besar untuk kita. Allah nak suruh kita lebih usaha, supaya kejayaan yg kita capai tu lebih terasa nikmatnya.

Mario Teguh once said, "Allah mengagalkan kita sebab Allah nak kita lebih berjaya di kemudian hari." tapi, tak ramai yg sedar and keep blaming Him.  T_T

Okay, back to the story. Saya decorate time prep petang, dengan penuh bersemangat dan gembira, sebab saya expect bila tengok meja sendiri, akan jadi termotivasi, and then rasa semangat tu datang. Ironily, the next morning, I figure out the whole table was messed up pastu ada surat layang said " Ko ingat dapat 11A+ tu dapat menjamin kebahagiaan hidup ke??!"

I really can't relate what is wrong with determination of getting straight A plus??

Aku koyak kertas tu and I cry my heart out. Nasib baik ada kawan-kawan tolong pujuk.How weak I was used to be. HAHA.

Cerita di Kuliah.
Being in the 'first" Class, Kelas Abqari, (padahal tak tahu la sape yg pandai-pandai bg ranking. Kitorang kelas pertama just because according to the alphabet's sorting. dah name pun huruf A, mesti la nombor satu, kan). Orang label students kelas kami pandai2, baik2 penyenyap and so on.. Tapi sayang, kelas kami bese2 je, takde la baik sangat, and riuh mengalahkan budak2 kelas lain, especially penolong kelas dia.

but we all are happy. orang cop kami macam-macam. pasal aircond pun nak gaduh. huh. budak-budak. haha. Aku dah jumpa ramai da orang jenis ni, so dah malas nak cara. biarkan mereka kata apa saja. haha.

we all wondered, nape la diorang ni tak habis2 cari kesalahan kita. kita tak pernah pun sibuk-sibuk pasal diorang? and my awesome friend, Mujahidah come out with this brilliant answer,
Abqari means genius.





"Sebab diorang nak jadikan kita contoh, sebab tu la bila kita buat salah, diorang bising"
 Tenkiu Mujahidah, aku ingat kata-kata ni sampai mati :) haha

Since I am such imperfect human being, and I realized that matter. Dalam hidup ni, kita tak mampu nak puaskan hati semua orang. Buat baik pun ada orang tak suka, apatah lagi buat jahat.

The most important thing is, asalkan kita tahu, apa yg kita buat tu tak salah, tak langgar batas-batas syariat Islam, then ignore those haters. People trying to let you down because you are above them. and in this case, Ignorance is a bliss.

Dan tidak wajar, untuk kita rasa sedih sebab ada 'haters' kita sendiri. Sepatutnya kita lebih boosted up, untuk usaha lebih, supaya satu hari, bila kita di pentas kejayaan, orang-orang ni akan cuma tengok dari bawah pentas, dan melihat betapa seronoknya anda ketika itu. muahaha *evil laugh*

And too those who wrote me those surat layang, thank you, for teaching me these values of life yang orang lain takkan ajar. and I can only wish the best in your life, and jangan sedih kalau suatu hari nanti ada orang yg tidak menyukai anda. inilah lumrah kehidupan.

that's all, and a sourvenir from thailand,
Ni gambar sebuah kubu kat Narathiwat, Thailand. kubu-kubu ni bersepah je kat tepi jalan. kat sana banyak roadblock, malam-malam memang sunyi sangat, kecuali kat bandar. Narathiwat terkenal dengan kawasan yg sentiasa bergolak, tp Alhamdulillah bila pergi tu takde apa-apa jadi.Saya belajar dari orang Thailand, kesungguhan mereka, keberanian.. dan saya bersyukur lahir di Malaysia, hidup dalam aman. takde risau pun kalau malam-malam ada orang nak bom rumah.

"Maka nikmat Tuhan yg manakah yg kamu dustakan?" Surah Ar-Rahman, ayat 13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory

You know I always take pride in how good my memory works. I can remember details, information, and able to retain & recall them whenever it is needed. I remember small minute detail of a person, what she/he likes or dislike, what they're allergic of, preferences, pet peeves, depending how close they are to me. I remember event and incidents that occurs, I remember the things people say, sometimes the wording they use, I remember the places and memories it carries-the people I go with, the purpose of going, and sometimes the exact dates if not month of the year. I remember random facts about thingsi studied in my degree despite not dealing with the subjects on daily basis. I remember very vividly the memories of people despite how random and sometimes insignificant it seems. No matter how useful a good memory does sound, Sometimes, secretly, I resent it. I resent that how memories are only pieces of you that you're meant to keep. Just because you remember the specific event ...

The ocean

We could've been the ocean Where the limits is not found The potentials, possibilities of what could have become But you chose the land The security, the certainty and safety that it offers You chose what is easy And that's okay Me and difficulties came as part in parcel As much as I can give you Or that I tried or willing to try to There are parts of me that isn't gonna be easy I probably can't give you peace And that's okay Maybe it's not that much of a fall It's the imagery of you that stuck And how it takes the shape and the idea of you But I'm beginning to understand now, or at least as of this current moment There are something to be blamed but not everything I hold no grudge nor that I bear any ill wishes I just prefer not to see the sight of you At least not until I let go that image of you And the thought of what we could have become And I free myself from this attachment and idea You chose the logic, the safer route And I will embark on a diffe...

The very defining moment

26th of June When we got into a little misunderstanding and you go to sleep upset and I went about my days pretending like nothing happened when in reality i was just as affected I think over the time i became quite good at pretending putting on smiles and working, as if it was all normal when the truth I keep on dropping things, i was all over the place I am CLEARLY not in a great mood and later that night you called me up and asked if I had my dinner already and all you said "bawak tupperware. Saya kat luar" Imagine the kind of shock I had When you are upset but still decides to go above and beyond for me I'm not sure what do I have in me but I just got lucky 27th June Another misunderstanding (lol) and this time you dropped by again late at night we drive and we talk I talk and talk endlessly We smiled and laugh (and in my heart i knew, I want this forever) I want to be next to you when I'm sad when i feel hopeless or just full of moodiness and I just wanna be sad ...