When I said finding the perfect time to update a blog I dont purposedly intended to get inspiration on writing at 3.30AM but seriously, at this point, whatever it takes to get an update on this webby blog. (guess who has pretty much screwed up her biology clock?) -_-"
This is some kind of conversation I had, back in Scotland, specifically in the guest toilets at our hotel in Dundee where I bumped into this beautiful old lady, asking me what am I doing here (in Scotland) in the middle of winter. It pretty much started with her asking me a favor to tie her bracelet because she's having a hard time to tie it herself.
Then she brings out her comb start brushing her hair, while asking me,
"Forgive me for asking, and sorry if you find this a bit rude, i have been long curious about your scarves"
Me: "yes, what about my scarf"
"Oh no, I just wondering how do you secure them in places, like how do you makes sure it does'nt fall off your head, especially considering the windy weather?"
Me: *chuckled a little* actually, we put pins and needles to secure them in places, but they are pretty much hidden you can't see them afar, but if you came up close you can see how it holds things up. (i almost do a hijab tutorial in front of her haha) and we wear like mini scarf inside, just the small ones that only covers parts of our head, so that it will not be too slippery for the scarf, to make them more secure.
"oohhhh *face full of enlightenment* so that's how you keep them from falling.
and she asked me why we had to cover up because her mother told her that hair is like a crown that need to be taken care of and shown to everyone-our valuable accessories, and before I could answer that, her friend knocked on the toilet door looking for her since she was late for the meeting upstairs.
anyway we had a pleasant conversation and I am very happy for that short yet very interesting conversation we had on that female loo that I guess one of the little things that I want to keep close as a memory and that I wish, won't fade.
 |
| (disclaimer: this is actually in the mall's toilet but I guess this would do :p ) |
(on the other note, we dont usually use the lobby toilet, we usually go to the one in our room instead, since the fact that their toilets in are pipeless. We usually skip the fuss since we have plenty of methods to cope with that situation in our room's toilets--bottles, nozzles,tissueeees, rather than the lobby one but i happen to go there because i wanted to escape from a very headache-inducing debate discussion -_-", so this is, a very, random conversation)
Few highlights that I find educational
.1. Never stop learning and empowering our second/3rd language. Mastering a language not only mean to be able to write well, but also verbal ability especially when communicating with a native speaker. It is honestly a whole new level of language-mastering when you were forced to only come out with one language, not allowing to mix and match words, like you usually does.
2. Never turn down a random chat with stranger, if situation complies, be it in the toilet, taxi, barber shop, or anywhere. You just never knew what new things you'll discover that day.
and lastly, some pictures to share :)
 |
| Where hot chocolate was drank for its actual purpose :P |
 |
| The store where its scent can be detected metres away. Lush, where it sells homemade soaps and cosmetics |
 |
| Fish & Chips, of course, on its land of origins. We had nooo idea the portion would be that big we were just too hungry to even think :( |
 |
| Edinburgh was behind us (get your pronunciation right peeps, it's edin-brah) |
 |
| #squadgoal #albumcover #singlewillbereleasedsoon #ormaybenot |
 |
| Our reaction when Nad beheaded the snowman, Poor thing |
 |
| Our first few steps on Caledonian land (after 18 hours of flights, now another 2 hours of bumpy bus rides) |
 |
| The majestic Loch Ness (-ch pronouced like the word Ø® in arabic) Didnt manage to spot Nessie but what matters is we had a fantastic time |
Comments