This week has been quite a lesson. What is expected to be hectic and back-to-back on duties became a very relaxing week. Or the week i just lie down helplessly with a lot of coughing.
But no worries, I am glad that I am recovering albeit at a slower pace I am expected to be. It was quite shocking really when the doctor say he couldn't pinpoint why I'm still having trouble breathing despite being halfway through my antibiotic course. And quite frustrating to miss out this important event we've been planning to organise ever since I was here, at work.
But Alhamdulillah all in good hands, Allah works his timing the best. Maybe it is time to finally take a break the drowning busy-ness. To finally come home. To finally having priority sorted back.
The reason I'm inspired to write is that I wanted to remember the feeling. I had my neb session for the first time ever. It was not as terrifying as I imagined it would be. But I remember feeling really confused afterwards... Lucky I had Kak Dini along to guide me where should I go next.. Haha
After that session I took a nap. The soundest nap I had in week time. After nights of disrupted sleep by coughing nonstop, finding the right position that'll not trigger my coughing mechanism as much (doesn't really work actually haha), I had my sleep. A deep, undisturbed sleep. And waking up forgetting that I had trouble breathing, as if pneumonia never hit me. MasyaAllah
What an amazing feeling to experience, I tell you. Then it hit me not everyone is as lucky. Not everyone fell sick and gradually become healthier by days. Or every doctor visit. Despite the whole troubling week, I still among the one had it easier.
The gift of health does not feel as precious until it almost slipped out of our hand. I hope to appreciate more, this gift of health. And to make the most of it for the benefit of ummah InsyaAllah. Also to preserve the gift by being more active and eat healthily.
To a healthier and fitter Sofwah, amin😍
Comments