I am someone who has always love and passionate for
learning. I love meeting people, I love teaching, and I love mixing around with
people of opposite backgrounds just so I can have a widened field of thoughts.
I love to look back at my past writing and feeling like getting a warm hug from
my old self. Ill never be as young, as innocent and as clueless anymore but I
love the part of me who always wanted to see things in a lesson-learnt kind of
perspective.
Well, how’s that for a paragraph of introduction huh?
Here’s a list of lesson that I wanted to eternalize here
1. I don’t have enough
hands and it’s okay
I only have two, and two only hopefully
till the day that I die. If you know me, I am the type of person who’d like to
carry everything at once and have them fallen out of me one by one and there’s
me standing awkwardly, scolding and annoyed at myself for how clumsy and why
just I couldn’t get myself together. Haha. I am tough person even at myself,
therefore I have come to accept these God-given pair of hands and the limits
they can carry. Handbags are there for a reason. Don’t try to hold your phone,
car keys, water bottle, housekeys, Tupperwares at once. Put.in.bags. and carry
as minimum bag as possible. Stay calm and you don’t always have to rush. (as
for the last bit—I’m still learning honestly. Let’s hope it’ll get better over
time)
2.. Don’t. trust. People.
Easily.
Yeah it’s really nice and heartwarming when
people say nice things about you and went out of their way for you. Or you find
it’s easy to open up when people shared their frustration about others with
you.
But don’t.
Don’t let them know beforehand about your plots.
Don’t reveal your plans before it was all set and confirmed. Work in silence
and let the result do the talking for you. A small circle may seem ‘unglamorous’
or ‘uninspiring’ but it’s really what works best for you.
33. Keep minding your
own business
People will talk and you know what, if they
aint talking about you, they’ll find somebody else to be the topic to escape
from their boring, uninspiring reality. You might think that it’s really
personal and it’s really is about you and you only the bad one, but little did
you know, it’s merely a symptom of a much bigger disease. And when people say
things behind anyone’s back, it says more about that person more than anyone
else. You have and always will be keep minding your own business and honestly,
I am proud of you for that
4. Saying ‘it’s okay’,
is what really gets you through a bad day
Some days your tears are like waterfall. There’s
no use of holding back and bury that within. Let go and cry. You are not ‘defeated’/
‘lonewolf’/ or ‘loser’ if you do. You are normal and you are obliged to embrace
that pain. I just learned that if you ignore the emotional pain that you’re
experiencing, somehow it will eventually translated into your physical pain,
one way or another. That’s why some people has unexplained migraine or backpain
and so much more.
Everytime I’m in that circumstance of feeling
like at my lowest, I’ll keep telling myself ‘it’s okay’ and this will pass. You
feel crappy at those moments but you know you’ll be better tomorrow. Time is a
magical creature.
55. A true measure of
success is when you leave your mark on others
In a non-bragging sense, I have always been
an *almost* perfect-scorer. I scored a lot of A’s in my life, graduated with distinction
from university and also I received a lot of awards in competitions and
co-curicullar activities. The feeling of getting up on stage receiving awards
is very superficial, but honestly – it never really felt like a true success
for me. It was short-lived, and really almost meaningless cos the only person
who’ll be able to remember precisely those moments is you alone. I have never
felt ‘SUCCEEDED’ in my life.
Except when that day when my younger sister
told me that my janitor- makcik cleaner from my high school kirim salam at me and
how she still remembers. Its because I always salam her, always try to borak
with her. It’s a whole feeling of accomplishment and gratitude that even though
I left school almost 9 YEARS ago, there are still people appreciate and
thinking about me. I genuinely felt like I’ve made it in life.
That is when I know, success is not only
when you score at your subjects alone. Your relationship with people and how
you made them feel is also a measure for a more meaningful success that gets
you through hardship in life.
66. The people you
surround yourself with became your inner voice
I cannot stress more on how important it is
to pick a good circle of friends. Not only that you spend a lot of time with
your friends-more that your family even, but you also share even the most
private details with your friends that you felt embarrassed to tell family
members sometimes.
You will become them. The way they think,
talk and behave will become yours. So pick the one you’re trying to imitate and
emulate the most. Toxic people and their mindset is dangerous and sadly
contagious, don’t pollute your mind with their words. Befriend them, but put
barriers in between to keep yourself guided.
more on next post :)

Comments