Skip to main content

Effortless beauty (not)

Assalamualaikum, the people who spared their precious time reading the bits and pieces i scribbled on this dear blog.
First of all, Happy New Year 2016 may you all have a boastful start of the year, may the lessons learned previous years been embraced and may it makes a better, maturer and wiser you in the future. and most importantly, may this year we overcome the tug-of-war with our own self , to be a better person than who we used to be.

And this officially means I owe this blog a quick recap about the year. (which I will TRY to come out with after this whole exam mess leave me alone).

Anyhow, this is just a quick glimpse of thought that I had to curi-curi taip in the middle of studying Bahasa Arab yang tersangatlah malas untuk distudy sbb baru lepas perah otak untuk killer paper pagi tadi. (honestly, rasa macam nak flip semua benda and say, bring it on. tapi tak pandai bahasa arab so nak taknak kena lah bring the books on and slam my head on it repetitively until the paper finished).

It just bothers me a lot these few days how social media transformed from a medium into a basis of lifestyle, up to a point each of us were defined by what we post online, no matter how many unspeakable layers folded behind those pictures and words.

dan kita, tidak dapat lari dari hakikat bahawa we unconsciously came out with and by social media defintion, what we most concern posting of, and what is most prominent subject on our daily timeline.

Some people loved to be defined by beauty, so they post pretty pictures of themselves, talk about pretty people, scrolling on people's picture and feel insecure with themselves. skin not flawless enough, baju tak stylish enough, pictures not perfect enough,pipi not kempis enough (whoever yang annoyed bila org takde pipi post gambar caption pipi pau, you are seriously not alone. we could make a club of  anti org-kempis-mengaku-pipi-pau-eee-tak-malu).

not that I have anything against pretty people. naturally, we all admire people who always well-dressed, neat, bersih, muka berseri. I mean, semua tu basic human instict but it goes to the principle too much something is not a good thing.
Since the existence of Instagram, people started to be excessively concern, how they look everyday. Do they look picturable, will people be liking the photos yada yada. So there you go, blooming of people wearing thick make up everyday, to ensure they look the best, at all time.

Me? I'm always such a sucker for modesty. i find attractiveness in people who dress up neat and clean, sometimes light make up, not too excessive, but just enough, it pleases our eyes by just looking.

and honestly, being friend with the people who receive many likes on instagram, we always thought they earn it effortlessly. snap a picture, then upload. but no, you need to take multiple pictures, different angle, different lighting, different poses, to get that perfect instagrammable picture.
(I SERIOUSLY pity those paksa rela photographer, GOD BLESS Y'ALL for your patience).

 this is one of the easiest way to put things into context;


and somehow between those post-like-complimenting your beauty comment cycle, we tend to overlook on what really matters.

I am sorry but I have this compelling urge to say this. I have watched some girls went from being famous as an Islamic icon, often reminding people about kindness, heart-warming messages, becoming an Instagram model, promoting stuffs, with face full of make ups. I am not judging, I leave the heartily content matter to the judgment of Allah SWT, but I speak from what is obvious. The regular quote of kindness and reminders become pictures of selfies and products. I mean, is that considered normal?

Slowly, it changes your worth,and what are you defined for.

Slowly, I became so afraid I spent too much time on social media that I might eventually succumb to people's approval and compliments.

A piece of advise, if I may, don't get deceived. Look upon things that REALLY matters. Friendship, family, knowledge, achievements, soft skills, and so on. Things that is worth sweating over for. Worth the time spent perfecting it.

If you were out with your friend or family, embrace those moments. dont waste time taking perfect pictures over and over again. you're making memories, not photos.

If you saw any vice comments you can't do anything about it, just leave it. Most people already knew it is wrong but they choose to do it anyhow. Tell yourself you do the same mistake they did. You really make a change by not adding more and more vice comments in the media.

There's a lot of untold stories behind things that you see. Not that you need to know, just uphold to the fact that there's no such things as a perfect life, although their picture seems soooo enviable. you were at your own league, taking things that really matters into account, maybe not leading an enviable life, but as long as you were contented, believe me. You, dear, you have nothing to lose.


I guess I should be stopping here, it's 2.10 am and my tomorrow's paper is on 8.30 :P

Till then, lovely people :)
The one who concerns,
Sofwah Hayati

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory

You know I always take pride in how good my memory works. I can remember details, information, and able to retain & recall them whenever it is needed. I remember small minute detail of a person, what she/he likes or dislike, what they're allergic of, preferences, pet peeves, depending how close they are to me. I remember event and incidents that occurs, I remember the things people say, sometimes the wording they use, I remember the places and memories it carries-the people I go with, the purpose of going, and sometimes the exact dates if not month of the year. I remember random facts about thingsi studied in my degree despite not dealing with the subjects on daily basis. I remember very vividly the memories of people despite how random and sometimes insignificant it seems. No matter how useful a good memory does sound, Sometimes, secretly, I resent it. I resent that how memories are only pieces of you that you're meant to keep. Just because you remember the specific event ...

The ocean

We could've been the ocean Where the limits is not found The potentials, possibilities of what could have become But you chose the land The security, the certainty and safety that it offers You chose what is easy And that's okay Me and difficulties came as part in parcel As much as I can give you Or that I tried or willing to try to There are parts of me that isn't gonna be easy I probably can't give you peace And that's okay Maybe it's not that much of a fall It's the imagery of you that stuck And how it takes the shape and the idea of you But I'm beginning to understand now, or at least as of this current moment There are something to be blamed but not everything I hold no grudge nor that I bear any ill wishes I just prefer not to see the sight of you At least not until I let go that image of you And the thought of what we could have become And I free myself from this attachment and idea You chose the logic, the safer route And I will embark on a diffe...

The very defining moment

26th of June When we got into a little misunderstanding and you go to sleep upset and I went about my days pretending like nothing happened when in reality i was just as affected I think over the time i became quite good at pretending putting on smiles and working, as if it was all normal when the truth I keep on dropping things, i was all over the place I am CLEARLY not in a great mood and later that night you called me up and asked if I had my dinner already and all you said "bawak tupperware. Saya kat luar" Imagine the kind of shock I had When you are upset but still decides to go above and beyond for me I'm not sure what do I have in me but I just got lucky 27th June Another misunderstanding (lol) and this time you dropped by again late at night we drive and we talk I talk and talk endlessly We smiled and laugh (and in my heart i knew, I want this forever) I want to be next to you when I'm sad when i feel hopeless or just full of moodiness and I just wanna be sad ...